Claim to Fame
Corfuís answer to Malibu or Daytona, this is where the young and beautiful gather to swim, play, dance and party.
- Where is it?in the Ionian Sea, off the west coast of mainland Greece, near the Albanian border, on the northwest shore of the island
- Coordinates: latitude» 40.7276°
- Water Type: saltwater
- Climate: warm Mediterranean with hot, dry summers and cool damp winters
- Development: small city with beachfront area
- Length of Beach:
- Type: deep, soft golden sand
°C | °F
Unlike the very rough party town of Kavos at the southeastern tip of Corfu, this is an upscale place for young adults to drink, swim and sing karaoke in
one of the many bars that dot the town. Jet-skiing is the cool thing here, and itís just not the place for families.
Located 18 miles (30 kilometers) from the town of Corfu, Agios Georgios (which translates as St. George) can be very windy at times, excellent for water sports like sailing
that need wind, but the force can be powerful. And there are no mooring facilities in the immediate area.
A very exposed beach, the glamorous folk that gather here come for the express purpose of grabbing a great tan and finding a little romance and adventure. The water can provide
a little adventure of its own with strong currents. But Agios Georgios is a fabulous beach to people-watch and to be seen watching others. A very upbeat beach experience.
See additional Corfu Beaches.