Claim to Fame
At Messonghi Beach the most affordable small inns to the best hotels are all lined up right along the beach, very close to the shoreline, making it a great spot for relaxation. A popular place for young couples and families.
- Where is it?in the Ionian Sea, off the west coast of mainland Greece, near the Albanian border, on the eastern shore of the island
- Coordinates: latitude» 39.4744°
- Water Type: saltwater
- Climate: warm Mediterranean with hot, dry summers and cool damp winters
- Development: small resort town with developed beachfront area
- Length of Beach:
- Type: small pebbles, evolving into sand in the water
°C | °F
A cosmopolitan beach with friendly vacationers who enjoy the pleasures of socializing, but not a wild nightlife scene, this is an excellent choice
for a vacation with children or teenagers in the family.
Thanks to a mild surf and fairly protected bay area, together with a slow grade into deeper water, this is a safe beach for swimming. Messonghi Beach is equipped with
sunbeds and umbrellas (there is no natural shade), plus showers, washrooms and clothing lockers, so itís really well equipped.
The tourists and locals enjoy water sports of every type; more than anything, this is a pleasant, sunny and warm place to kick back and read a great book or walk the length of the beach in the gentle surf.
See additional Corfu Beaches.